Monday, October 29, 2012

I hate mud

I have an urge to hide while Hurricane Sandy plays havoc with the racing surface. My embarrassing "mudder" selections Saturday left me less than anxious to visit the windows today. However, I lack the discipline necessary to save my wallet.

Race 2
STAR ISABELLA seems to like dirt a lot more than Tapeta, rating to victory in Cleveland after disappointing in Erie for her new barn. This is not a soft spot. If she is ready, the price could be right.
WINNER by a head - chasing in the second flight through the turn, was taken to the middle of the track to close willingly while drifting to be the widest winner I've ever seen ($7.00).

Race 5
POWERSTOWN gets my nod here despite the stretch out and some classy competition from the Radosevich barn. He is ultra consistant. Perhaps he can carry his speed another quarter mile.
EASED - pressed the pace gamely into the second turn where he began to back up dramatically and was eventually eased.

Race 6
PYRITE MILL seems likely to break his maiden today. He is cutting back from a powerful move on "Best of Ohio" day.
SECOND by a half - worked hard from his far outside post through the bend to overtake the leader who was along the rail; was briefly in control until caught at the wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment