Saturday, February 16, 2013

Yippee!

The barn area opens a month from today.

It appears that Thistledown will be alive and kicking for at least another season. I'm anxious to see the first condition book and discover if the anticipated, slot inflated, purse hikes will be instituted at the beginning of the meet. I'd expect that the horsemen are a lot more anxious than me.

It's been a long time since opening day has had the holiday feeling that it did "back in the day." I'm sure that the April 19th opener won't be a day that many non-regulars circle on their calendar for the live racing. The re-birth may take awhile. However, it should be a season full of intrigue as gamers sniff out the new machines and the potential purse hikes raise the quality of racing.

As rumors surround the place, I'm still betting on "The Big-T" to outlive me. Good luck Thistledown. You are the best sports franchise in Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment