Saturday, March 30, 2013

This morning at Thistledown

A quick trip to my favorite local racing venue revealed that there are horses on the grounds and that despite all the racino frenzy the backsiders are also hard at work. There was a bevy of training activity on this very crisp morning.

Taking a glance at the first 2013 condition book, it appears the the claimers will be competing for purses that have been bumped up a couple grand. That's a start. I'm sure that the horsemen are hoping that the slot money will eventually provide enough value to put real food on their tables.


I doubt that they'll be ready for opening day but it looks like there will be some cool upgrades for us railbirds.


Don't let that sunshine fool you. It was FREEZING. I was the only idiot on the apron today.


I did not see any evidence that infield eyesore that blocks our view of the backstretch will be dynamited in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment